Health Short Courses
- you can enrol in any unit or group of units on our scope for professional development purposes or to meet a workplace need
- we also offer single or groups of units to support training by other RTOs if they do not have specialist staff available
Please ask us if you don't see what you want here as we have many others.
Some of our popular short courses in General Health currently available are:
- Advanced Medical Terminology for Unit: BSBMED301 Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- Medical Reception for units: BSBMED302: Prepare and process medical accounts; BSBMED303: Maintain patient records; BSBMED304: Assist in controlling stocks and supplies; BSBMED305: Apply the principles of confidentiality. privacy and security within the medical environment*
* note that an add on non-accredited module on Prioritising Patients is also available. Click here to see more.
- Managing client records for Unit: BSBMED401 Manage a patient record keeping system
HLTIN402B Maintain infection control in office practice settings
We are no longer offering this unit .
Contextualised from other Qualifications
Health Administrators who wish to undertake the Lead Auditor Skills Set from the BSB51615 Diploma of Quality Auditing can study the following cluster which has been contextualised specifically for the health industry:
- Auditing for Health Administrators 1 For Unit: BSBAUD401 Prepare for a quality audit
- Auditing for Health Administrators 2 For Unit: BSBAUD402 Participate in a quality audit
- Auditing for Health Administrators 3: For Unit BSBAUD502 Prepare to lead a quality audit
- Auditing for Health Administrators 4: For unit BSBAUD503 Lead a quality audit
For those who wish to go on and attain the whole Diploma, the following units are also available as contextualised programs for health:
BSBRSK501 Manage risk
BSBMGT502 Manage people performance
BSBMGT516 Facilitate continuous improvement
BSBWOR502 Lead and manage team effectiveness
These are units which also appear in the Diploma of Practice Management, therefore two way credit transfer can apply.
Other units can be included in their non-contextualised version, by RPL, Credit Transfer or by including one job relevant unit from another qualification.
To find out more about individual programs, or for details of other units available, contact us directly.